£325.00 - £420.00 per day + Ltd
5 months ago
Systems Engineer - Radar
Reading - 12 Months Contract - Pay rate £325 to £420 per day Ltd negotiable
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to work on a radar system within a large scale military air traffic control project. You will be based in Reading and will work across the full systems engineering lifecycle, with emphasis on requirements management, test & acceptance.
The primary purpose of the ATC Radar Surveillance System Engineer role is support the Principal Surveillance Systems Engineer in the solution design and compliance of the Marshall Technical Service 07 (Electronic Surveillance) solution. This covers surveillance sub-systems (including Primary and Secondary Surveillance Radars and Radar Display Processors) and integrating them into the overall Technical Service 07 solution.
The role will involve liaising with both suppliers and MoD Customers and may require limited travel.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide technical support on the design of over 20 PSR and SSR radar systems
- Help ensure a smooth transition of old radars to new radars
- Understand the technical specifications for appropriate Surveillance sub-system procurements and actively review and manage the technical solutions
- Propose modification of technical supply if required to meet commitments
- Monitor Surveillance sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements.
- Prepare and ensure transition phases between legacy / existing systems and Marshall new assets integration, identifying phases and relating de-risking activities
- Participate in the Surveillance sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required
- Support Surveillance MAPS and Supplier IVV activities as required
- Ensure that solution meets all appropriate Environmental, HSE and certification requirements (with specialist support)
- Support the integration, validation, verification of Surveillance sub-systems implementation
- Knowledge of a range of radar surveillance solutions (covering systems engineering [performance architecture and implementation], sensors, display, monitoring, networking and communications aspects including centralised operation)
- Understanding of technical working with multiple stakeholders
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focused approach whilst recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise whilst retaining the technical integrity of the solution
- Strong technical understanding of the customer requirements, the offer and the system solution
- Acceptance protocols and procedures
- System Requirements Management
- Proven ability of integration testing and multi-systems testing
- Proven ability of engineering lifecycles and other established engineering practices.
- Good understanding of the principles of systems integration and demonstrated skill in judging the appropriate level of testing.
- Good understanding of the production of design and delivery documentation to a high standard within agreed project timescales.
- Highly motivated and able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of the use of UK and international ATC standards for military and civil applications
- Proven ability of testing ATM systems or safety related systems
- Radar flight test profiles
- Good interpersonal communication and management skills.
- IBM Rational DOORS proven ability
- Risk Based Assurance
- Knowledge of Network Engineering
- Good understanding of Primary Radars - especially STAR and Watchman radars
- Mode S
- Knowledge of the performance of ATM Surveillance sub-systems and ATM integrated systems
- Proven ability of working on MoD programmes
- Security Testing
- Ability with Systems Management within real time safety critical systems.
- Good background knowledge of one or more the following threads, e.g. Radar Data Processing, Flight Data Processing, Air Navigation systems, Electronic Surveillance, and Voice Communications.
- Ability to work unsupervised, managing the implementation of the test programme for the project.
Due to the sensitive nature of the project the successful candidate must be eligible to gain a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.