£70000 - £80000 per annum + NET Salary + retention bonus
8 months ago
Systems Engineer - Environmental
Fixed Term Contract: 2-4 Years
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Salary: NET Salary of £70k - £80k + retention bonus
Our client is working with an overseas aerospace customer in the development of a new Air Vehicle, we are seeking skilled Systems Engineers to join the in-country team. This opportunity would be ideal for those interested in the challenges faced in the early lifecycle stages of a programme and also the opportunity to work in a collaborative international environment.
The integration engineer will be employed on a 2+ year fixed term contract as part of the Systems Engineering team to support the planning, definition, implementation, and reporting of integration activities, in particular working with the Requirements and other functional teams to define environments, or combinations of environments to which the Air Vehicle could be exposed throughout its service.
Typically, a document is generated called environmental handbook. This will list the environmental requirements zone by zone around the aircraft (conditioned bay, unconditioned bay, fuel vapour bay etc.). When a piece of equipment is allocated a location, it will then need to comply with all the requirements from the handbook which will be translated into the specification. A key aspect of this role is working on the generation of this document.
- Familiarity with the application of standards at the beginning of the lifecycle.
- Can analyse the operational requirements and determine how the environment will impact the aircraft (vibration, shock, thermals etc.).
- Can derive an environmental handbook.
- Can liaise with the other teams involved to understand issues (e.g. material qualifications COTS vs bespoke) and propose trade-offs to project.
- Liaise with suppliers for clarifications
- Start on environmental qualification planning.
- To develop and maintain an Environmental Handbook.
- Asses the impact of the Environment on the Aircraft and its systems - Application of standards such as DO160 and Mil Std 810 in the early phases of the lifecycle.
- To provide technical knowledge, experience, and direction.
- To maintain and harmonise plans and approaches across the Systems Engineering team, in particular ensuring the environmental requirements are reflected in the Requirements database and qualification planning.
- To lead and proactively contribute to meetings and present work to the customer, management, partners/suppliers, and other stakeholders as required.
- To proactively seek improvements to process and product and propose plans to achieve.
- To ensure team operates under the technical governance of the Chief Engineer and under the guidance of the appropriate company procedures and suggest required tailoring thereof.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must currently hold or be eligible for UK/NATO security clearance.
Please note that if the applicant already holds an SC clearance this will be transferred to the client's UK headquarters for the full duration of the project.