£350.00 - £400.00 per day + Ltd
7 months ago
Systems Engineer Networks
Reading - 6 month duration - Pay rate circa £400 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to work for our client on a large scale military Air Traffic Management project for the MOD. In conjunction with its partner, our client will deliver a capability upgrade that will provide the MOD with ATM Services for a period of 22 years. The scope of our clients delivery includes the provision of integrated surveillance assets including static, deployed and other radar systems, communications equipment, network capability and centralised ATM capability.
This role will be broad in technical coverage and successful implementation of the system architecture will be a primary aspect of the delivery. The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for the technical development, integration & acceptance of the Network Solution.
The successful candidate will be someone who…
- Is a team player with a "can-do" attitude that performs effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Has a willingness to work in a matrix style organisation and a collaborative working environment, both within the UK and across national boundaries
- Is confident in their ability to present solutions in design reviews, help solve complex problems, asks challenging questions to develop their understanding, and suggests new ideas to further our product offering and increase our added value
- Is a self-starter, with an ability to manage their own workload and meet their agreed objectives
- Displays enthusiasm about learning new skills and technology, and takes their own self-development seriously
Desired knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor Degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to present and explain technical and complex problems, tailored appropriately for the audience
- An understanding of System Engineering and System Engineering Processes and Practices, including knowledge of Systems Lifecycles
- An ability to work with combinations of technologies, to integrate and verify them in a logical and structured way into a system in order to fully satisfy a Customer's requirement
- PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience of requirements capture and management (e.g. in DOORS), is preferred but not essential
- Experience of configuration & documentation production & management (e.g. in Windchill / PALMA), is preferred but not essential
- Networking (Cisco & Juniper) domain knowledge is welcomed but not essential.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to…
- To be responsible for the following activities within the scope of the Network Solution:
- Technical development of the solution (including the coordination of transverse engineering activities e.g. Safety, Security & Environmental) to achieve required levels of technical maturity defined in the engineering lifecycle
- Integration of the Network Solution with other Marshall Solutions (Surveillance, Communications and ATC)
- Validation, verification & qualification of the Network Solution including progressive assurance throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Perform sub-system requirements traceability & the definition of verification methods & acceptance evidence.
- Co-ordinate with other technical inputs to ensure system solution compliance
- Actively manage technical risks of the Network Solution including the definition & execution of mitigation activities such as early integration testing where required.
- Manage change to the technical solution via the defined processes
- Ensure all the technical activities undertaken comply with the relevant Thales Chorus processes
- Report the technical progress to the Systems Engineering Manager and or Project Design Authority as directed
- Set requirements for Project / Engineering management and planning activities
- Technically monitor sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements and technical compliance
- Review & approve technical specifications for sub-system procurements
- Participate in the sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.