£46.75 - £50.00 per hour
8 months ago
I seek a Systems Engineer to work on large scale communications project (Secure Tactical Naval Communications). It will involve working on a challenging programme to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the build, test and trials phases of the programme.
- Provide systems engineering capability to support the solution engineering phase, complete the system design aspect of the solution and to maintain the design baseline through to customer platform acceptance.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.Essential Skills / Proven Ability
- Seasoned in working within/leading a small team of engineers during the design and integration phase of a programme.
- Seasoned in deriving and preparing system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to work as part of a team to generate a coherent set of specifications, interface documentation and estimates liaising with other functions and departments as required.
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering lifecycle activities including PDR, CDR, PRR and TRR through the design and development phases into production, integration, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Knowledge and experience of Naval transverse characteristics and qualification activities including the operational environment (temperature, humidity, shock, vibration, EMC, TEMPEST), safety, security, human factors, ILS etc.
- Experience of working with customers, presenting technical solutions or chairing design reviews as required.
- A working level experience of Naval communications systems, equipment and infrastructure including management architectures and operational communications.
- A working level experience of Naval installation, commissioning and trials activities.
- Willingness to travel to both supplier and customer locations.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)