£40 - £45 per hour
5 months ago
Conduct mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor systems to analyse installed performance characteristics and to inform conceptual system designs for an integrated airborne capability.
Mathematical Modelling MATLAB & Simulink Airborne EW Sensor & Communication Systems RF, EO / IR Sensor Performance & Analysis Future Concept & Design Development Multi-Stakeholder Management & Coherency
You will be part of 'Team Tempest' (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made. Key tasks will include:
* Define the system analysis approach, liaising with sensor and communication technical specialist teams.
* Conduct installed performance modelling for multi-domain sensor systems (e.g. FoR, sensitivity, RF coverage, etc.).
* Consolidate and analyse installed performance data and system characteristics provided by specialist teams.
* Assess installed performance estimates for compliance with system requirements and key performance parameters.
* Identify performance shortfalls and propose candidate areas and methods for improvement.
* Coordinate multi-stakeholder analysis into reports and presentations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
* Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
* Substantial experience in mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor and communication systems.
* High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
* Strong numerical and analytical ability.
* Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
* Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
* Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.