£50.00 - £55.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Opportunities have arisen for experienced systems engineers to deliver the role of Requirements Engineer, System Design and System Acceptance at our client's site in Glasgow.
The successful candidate will be a talented Systems Engineer with experience of conceptual and detailed design, Integration and delivery, coupled with a proven capability of delivering mission systems.
The role is based in Glasgow but may be required to work at other locations. Depending on the specific projects the role may require periods of time to be spent at customer sites and/or integration facilities.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements, working with mechanical design engineers to specify and accept sub system designs as well as creating verification and validation programs in the defence domain.
The role holder reports to the Systems Engineering Discipline Manager.
The key individual responsibilities are:
- To create the technical specifications with acceptance criteria for subsystems
- To decompose requirements, ensuring that they have been partitioned and detailed to a level appropriate for the design to commence
To ensure, with the support of Speciality Engineering experts & Safety/HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) stakeholders:
- That candidate solutions meet regulatory requirements including all applicable standards and legislation. This includes product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements and standards
- That solution designs take into account the contractual requirements
- That all related certification activities are performed correctly
- Development of design elements to meet the required performance within the overall vehicle
- To define the integration, verification, validation, qualification, certification and acceptance methods
- Be responsible for collated results and evidence
Essential Skills (any or all of the following):
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Experience in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems
- Experience in working with subcontracted design elements in creating an overall coherent system
- Experience of creating verification and validation programs
- Proven track record of working and delivering on solutions for a defence programme
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams.
- Knowledge and experience of vehicle system architectures
- Knowledge and experience of vehicle acceptance within the UK MOD
- Ability to use tools such as Matlab, Simulink & MathCad
- Ability to use, for the purpose of collaborative work with hardware engineers, CAD packages such as Creo, Catia or Solid works
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML
- Experienced in the use of Rhapsody, Capela or Enterprise Architect