£45.00 - £47.83 per hour
24 days ago
A Systems Engineer is required on a 5 month contract. The key tasks will be to Study and develop a Maritime Training System to support future capability and mitigate obsolescence issues. This position is based in Portsmouth and will require some UK travel to two Royal Navy purpose built facilities.
CORE DUTIES / KEY TASKS
- Study work to develop the System to represent new equipment capability
- Study work to update the System to address equipment obsolescence.
- Provide specialist expertise; develop creative and innovative solutions.
- Define and review requirements for systems, hardware and software work packages.
- Design and support the design of systems, hardware and software work packages.
- Study and support Bid work including report writing, presenting and estimating.
- The role will require some travel within the UK.
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Ability to investigate and develop engineering solutions for bid proposals.
- Good awareness of emerging technologies.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure components (servers, PCs, network switches, routers, network design etc)
- Good knowledge of networking for a large multi-site facility.
- Knowledge of virtualisation would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Understanding of surface combat systems and their operation.
- Software and Systems lifecycle for complex systems.
- Understanding of Training Design lifecycle
- Good understanding of how the role impacts engineering and service delivery teams.
- Knowledge of RN Training Systems including Maritime Training Systems would be advantageous but is not essential.