Up to £35.00 per hour
3 months ago
Systems Engineer (Landing Gear - DMU / Installation)
Morson International are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join a leading Aerospace Manufacturer on an initial 9-Month Contract at their Filton Office.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £35.00 per hour LTD
Duration: 9 Month Contract
Location: Filton, Bristol
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the creation, integration & maintenance of the Landing gear Product structure and Digital Mock Up (DMU). The role will involve the creation of the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) for MLG and NLG, in the legacy tools DPDS & Optegra, conforming to existing rules and best practice wherever possible. You will also assist with the development of new methods and rules for the development of the new PBS and cDMU.
* Handling and processing of Digital Mock Up (DMU) data from the landing Gear Suppliers.
* Generate & maintain the Landing gear PBS and cDMU ensuring integration to the aircraft cDMU using the correct client methods & processes and capturing new methods & rules.
* Managing the LG supplier 3D data & Installation data through the SSCI process.
* Develop the new PBS for an aircraft from concept phase through to implementation ensuring stakeholder and process owner involvement & buy in. Ensuring vendor 3D and 2D compatibility with product structure rules and aircraft DMU.
* Liaising with the landing gear suppliers and directing them as necessary to ensure that the DMU provided by them is configured correctly and meets the specified quality requirements.
* Ensuring that suitable methods & tools for DMU & SSCI management are used correctly & developed where necessary.
* Use the client's methods, processes & tools (DPDS, Optegra, Catia V5, ICC) to ensure that the PBS and cDMU are integrated and configured correctly and to the required quality.
* Process & track deliverables through the SSCI (QC1, QC2) & DMUI relevant processes.
* Liaise with all customers of cDMU and arrange for creation of any required Design and DMU product structures reviews and ensure the smooth running of any subsequent Design Reviews.
* Creation and maintenance of the top-level product structure for all landing gears.
* Tracking & resolution of DMU clashes /low clearances.
* Assist & guide supplier work package resource to ensure flow of work through the team.
* Experience of handling, validating and integrating the DMU & drawing data for all landing gears and equipment.
* Experienced in configuration control and product structure requirements.
* Previous landing gear experience a bonus, not essential.
* Ability to deliver engineering solutions to time, cost, and quality, using appropriate processes, tools & methods.
* Previous experience in using the client's processes and procedures for DMU management & design (DE.PA.03.01) a bonus.
* Experience of DMU mechanical installation, hydraulic and electrical installation.
* Installation design experience beneficial.
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multifunctional team
* Key interfaces are with the Airframe design team, landing gear vendors, LG equipment vendors, configuration management team & installation designers.
* Catia V5 R21 (Essential)
- Experience must be current or no less recent than six months
* DPDS (Essential)
* Optegra (Essential)
* ICC (Read Access)
* Catia V5 Kinematics (Beneficial)
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Systems Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).