£45.00 - £51.00 per hour + Ltd
5 months ago
Systems Engineer IVVQ
Templecombe, Somerset - 6 month duration - Pay rate £45 to £51 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to work on a complex Sonar system for our client based in Templecombe, Somerset. Candidates should have a background working in hands on test at sub-system level, be able to run test procedures, use electrical test equipment, capture test results and document in DOORS.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Define the project Test & Integration Strategy.
- Agreeing the Integration, Verification and Validation Method and IVV Synopsis.
- Supporting the team working on the projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Updating requirements in DOORS post test and qualification.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
- System Engineering background gained working on complex electronic systems.
- Understanding of Engineering Development lifecycles.
- Deriving of Systems Requirements to lower level Hardware Requirements.
- Proven ability working in the defence industry.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive "can-do" mentality.
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate a level of autonomy.
- A logical approach to problem solving is required.
- DOORS knowledge.
- Knowledge of SONAR Systems.
- Requirements Management and Development Skills.
- Understanding of Naval platforms.
- The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment.
- The design of deployment systems.
- Design and development of Hardware Engineering Products.
- Design / specification of packaging solutions.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved, all candidates will be required to undertake a UK MOD Security Clearance check to SC level.