£42.45 - £50. per hour + £42.45 PAYE inc holiday, £50 Umbrella or Ltd
7 months ago
Systems Engineer IVVQ
Templecombe, Somerset - 10 month duration - Pay rate £50 p/h Ltd / Umbrella & £42.45 PAYE incl holiday pay
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to undertake Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification activity for a field deployable air traffic management system. This role will be based from the Templecombe office, although there may be site trips required later in the contract to carry out test activity on the product.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering activities, tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution
- Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans
- Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
- Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
- Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
- Proven background undertaking IVVQ tasks within Systems Engineering role.
- Proven ability working on Radar, Air Traffic Control, or other related airfield technology systems.
- To have a good working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
Please note, due to the nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).