£39.68 - £46.75 per hour + £39.68 PAYE inc holiday, £46.75 Ltd/Umb
8 months ago
Systems Engineer IVVQ
Templecombe, Somerset - 4 month duration - Pay rate £46.75 Ltd (£39.68 PAYE incl holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to undertake Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification activity for aircraft mission planning system involving complex mapping functionality. This role will be based from the Templecombe office and there may be scope to extend beyond 4 months.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering across Air Operations, Systems and Services. Task will include but not limited to:
- Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution
- Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans
- Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
- Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
- Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
- Proven background undertaking IVVQ tasks within Systems Engineering role.
- Proven ability working on mission planning, moving map, command and control type products, or similar complex software intensive systems.
- To have a good working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
Please note, due to the nature of the projects involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level).