4 months ago
Systems Engineer - IV&V & Qualification (Contract Engineer)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £45.43 per hour LTD
Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer to work within one of the Systems Engineering teams within the Combat Air business area, where the focus is on developing and delivering their Electronic Warfare (EW) capability to the Eurofighter Typhoon and contributing to the UK's future fighter development programme.
- You will be responsible for supporting the integration, verification and validation of potentially the most complex EW product in development in the UK.
- You will perform lab-based integration of hardware, firmware and software, reporting to the IV&V lead and working closely with the other engineering functions.
- You will perform investigations into technical issues, propose solutions and design improvements
- You will develop test procedures for functional, environmental and EMC testing (depending on area of expertise)
- This role requires travel to other Leonardo sites in the UK and potentially abroad to support integration and flight trials.
The successful candidate will experience working on a project which is providing next generation capability to in-service aircraft (Eurofighter Typhoon) and will pave the way for the future fighter programme.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven ability in the defence electronics sector, or a related field such as automotive or other high integrity products.
- Knowledge of working in Integration, Verification and Validation phases of development.
- Understanding of key principles associated with RF signal propagation and processing.
- Understanding of hardware, firmware and software interactions.
- Chartered Engineer status, or a member of a professional engineering organisation.
- Proven ability in Agile systems / software development for product delivery.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).