Up to £45.43 per hour
5 months ago
Integrated Mission Solutions - Software Tools & Services (Contract Engineer)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £45.43 per hour LTD
This role will see the successful candidate join the Systems Engineering team within the export delivery team within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) business area, supporting several large, high profile projects. This role will focus on bringing together a number of software tools and services (encompassing workflow and configuration management), to ensure that the overall system solution meets the complete need of the customer, as well as supporting the technical interface between the contracting authority and sub-contractors.
Alongside the execution and delivery of the current programmes, there is the opportunity to support bid activities by being involved at the concepts phase of system solutions, to further increase in the future growth of the Integrated Project Team.
- Work alongside customers, end-users and key internal stakeholders to understand, interpret, and (where appropriate) influence, current and future user needs and requirements
- Assess system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters, ensuring that the design rationale is clearly documented
- Work alongside development teams, (both internally and subcontracted), to ensure that the interfaces between the products is clearly defined, complete and understood
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations for to customers and industry partners.
- Verification of the overall System solution
- Travel within the UK and abroad to work with other teams within Leonardo, to meet with customers and industry partners
- Influence customer satisfaction (both internal and external) by applying your knowledge of EWOS products and EW sensor and countermeasure systems to develop effective (performance and cost) EWOS solutions for the end-user
Proven Ability / Key Skills
You really must have:
- Proficiency in multi-stakeholder requirements elicitation, definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance, ideally using DOORS
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements
- Extensive knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle stages, processes, and reviews
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of the EWOS lifecycle and the way that the software tools support the production programmes
- An understanding of the key principles associated with RF signal processing for passive sensors or active emitters
- Knowledge of working alongside end-users to provide SME support
- Proven ability in software development for product delivery to external customers
- Knowledge of contributing to work package management; cost and schedule planning and tracking, and reporting of key metrics
- Knowledge of Middle Eastern culture
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).