Up to £50 per hour
4 months ago
Systems Engineer - Integrated Airborne Sensors & Comms
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £50 per hour LTD
This role will see the successful candidate join the Systems Engineering team within the Major Air Programmes (MAP) business area and having responsibility for leading key engineering work streams to support the development of future airborne systems. This includes the provision of sensing and countermeasure capabilities to protect aircraft from a wide range of air- and ground-based threats, vastly improving platform and aircrew survivability and overall mission effectiveness.
The MAP Integrated Product Team (IPT) is a prime contract IPT based at their Luton office, with platform-level responsibility for the integration of a variety of multispectral airborne sensor and communication systems provided by in-house and sub-contract product development teams.
Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will be responsible for systems engineering tasks spanning the whole lifecycle, although primarily focussed on system-level requirements and design. The role will include capturing and analysing internal / external stakeholder requirements, assessing design compliance, and maintaining full traceability at all levels, documenting system design and associated decisions leading to the preparation and execution of validation and verification activities to achieve certification and customer acceptance.
- Lead aspects of defining the total system-of-systems design and routes to achieve certification and acceptance.
- Liaise with Electronic Warfare (EW) sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define sub-system requirements and develop a close working relationship to maintain the overall system-of systems approach.
- Utilise system requirements and designs to influence the development of a ground-based synthetic environment and system integration facility.
- Opportunity to support the integration of complex sub-systems onto a large body flight test aircraft and support subsequent flight trials.
- Travel within the UK to meet with customers and industry partners.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Extensive proven ability of system-of-systems design for complex systems, preferably relating to airborne multispectral sensor and communication systems.
- Understanding of the full systems engineering lifecycle and proven ability in relation to the development of complex and closely coupled products and systems.
- Highly knowledgeable in developing and influencing multi-level requirements and designs.
- Proven ability in the generation of system design documentation to support the development of complex, multispectral system-of-system architectures.
- Knowledge of verification and validation planning and execution to achieve requirements and design compliance, certification, and delivery.
- Proven ability in systems development, integration and validation, preferably relating to airborne EW sensor systems.
- Good understanding of RADAR, EO/IR, or ESCM domain concepts and application of technology and processes.
- Knowledge and proven ability of synthetic environments and their use to develop airborne sensor systems.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).