Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer for a 6 month+ contract that can be based in Bristol or Stevenage. There will be a split of on-site and remote working however on-site will be required some of the time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the UK missile system studies and activities on a Future Medium Range Air Defence (FMRAD) Missile. The Future MRAD Missile is currently in the Pre-Concept Phase in which our client are looking to understand the design issues and constraints and to mature a concept to take forward in future study phases.
In this role you will explore all aspects of the Missile System Architecture including Seekers, Propulsion, Aerodynamics, Structures, Lethality, Guidance and Control, Datalinks, and Integration with the Weapon System. The FMRAD missile will be required to defeat challenging future air threats and will exploit the opportunities offered by emerging technologies.
The initial work will include assessing the capability of missile concepts to address the newly emerging Hypersonic threats, but other studies will consider the full range of advanced future air threats.
Specific tasks will cover a wide range of areas including:
- Requirements elicitation, development and specification
- Missile System Architecture development
- Systems performance analysis
- Concepts studies, research and development
- Concept studies on Future Missiles Systems
- Identifying and assessing suitable technologies and maturing product roadmaps
- Managing subcontracts on suppliers of Missile components
- Liaison across company, Internationally with the wider team
REQUIRED SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- A proven ability in systems engineering
- Adaptable approach - capable of balancing the needs of the UK customer with our clients Group objective to create value through greater internationalisation of future products
- Team Player, capable of working jointly with others from various disciplines to reach a consensus agreement
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Pro-active / self-starter
- An ability to use their enthusiasm and drive to work autonomously and efficiently to influence team members and other stakeholders in producing technical outputs of good quality in a timely manner
Our Client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where workers can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our Client want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout the recruitment process. They recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Our Client are a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Please Note: Our Client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.