Up to £45.43 per hour
4 months ago
This role will see the successful candidate join the systems engineering team within the Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) business area and take a lead role in the development and delivery of a sovereign Electronic Warfare (EW) training capability for export customers.
This role will focus on managing the technical interfaces between the company and both the contracting authority and sub-contractors to ensure that the overall system solution meets the complete need of the customer.
This role spans the full engineering lifecycle, requiring the definition, development, and management of requirements and, following implementation, evidence-based demonstration of requirements compliance through software-based integration and testing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work throughout the full engineering lifecycle, with a focus on supporting requirements management through careful analysis of stakeholder needs.
- Capture all stakeholder requirements and review with subject-matter experts to provide documented compliance evidence and support the acceptance process.
- Understand, interpret, and influence, current and future user needs and requirements, and establish routes to compliance and acceptance.
- Assess and manage system design compliance against user and system requirements, wrt key performance parameters, and in support of design reviews.
- Ensure that design rationale is clearly documented and the compliance status of products is fully managed.
- Work alongside development teams, (both internally and subcontracted), to ensure interfaces between products is clearly defined, complete and understood.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations to customers and industry partners.
- Perform verification of the overall system solution, though detailed understanding of EW computer-based toolset products, testing of both the individual toolsets and their interaction.
- Manage compliance of subcontractor-provided EW toolsets, ensuring their functionality and interaction within the suite of toolsets meets our customer's requirement.
- Short-term travel within the UK and abroad to work with other teams within the company, to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- Manage relationships between our customers, end-users and internal stakeholders
- Influence customer satisfaction by applying your knowledge of EWOS products and EW sensor and countermeasure systems to develop effective (performance and cost) EWOS solutions for the end-user.
- Support the engineering change process.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You really must have:
- Extensive experience of the systems engineering lifecycle stages, processes, and reviews.
- Experience with multi-stakeholder requirements elicitation, definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance, ideally using DOORS.
- Knowledge and experience of the EWOS lifecycle and associated EW software tools that support lifecycle.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- Understanding of the key principles associated with RF signal processing for passive sensors or active emitters.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- An aptitude for problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion in support of team goals.
- Ability to excel in a target-driven environment where self-motivation and determination ensure that challenging schedules are met.
It would be nice if you had:
- Background in EW including the use of computer-based toolsets ideally those developed by our client and/or its subcontractors.
- Experience of working alongside end-users to provide SME support.
- Experienced in software development for product delivery to external customers.
- Knowledge of Middle-Eastern culture.