Systems Engineer (ES)
Our client seeks three Systems Engineers to work within their Surveillance & Protection Technology (S&PT) business group, to develop RF sensor solutions for surveillance and reconnaissance, or 'Electronic Support' (ES) missions. These sensor solutions are employed by a variety of rotary and fixed-wing airborne platforms operating in increasingly complex and hostile environments.
You will part of a team providing world-leading, responsive, and user-centric solutions including threat warning and emitter location sensors, and Defensive Aids System (DAS) controllers, which enable the seamless integration of otherwise independent sensing and countermeasure DAS systems. All these systems provide unparalleled situational awareness and protection.
- Work alongside internal / external stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements with which to define and influence system requirements and designs, ensuring traceability for design compliance and acceptance.
- Define and develop system concepts and architectures for future solutions.
- Develop test strategies to demonstrate design and implementation compliance, ensuring end-to-end traceability to achieve certification.
- Lead system integration, verification, and validation activities to test and analyse performance and effectiveness within synthetic and live environments.
- Perform technical peer reviews and provide mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations to customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
- A strong understanding of systems engineering principles and highly experienced in whole lifecycle product development and delivery.
- A firm understanding of the key principles associated with RF signal propagation for passive sensors or active emitters.
- Ability to define and influence requirements definition and design decisions, both within the internal project team and customer environments.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- High proficiency in requirements management using DOORS.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation ability.
- In-depth knowledge of passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing methods for detection, measurement and identification.
- Proven ability working with industry partners and platform integrators to support platform integration and installation.
- High proficiency in mathematical modelling using MATLAB and Simulink
- Proven ability of work package management; cost and schedule planning and tracking, and reporting of key metrics.
- Proven ability in team leadership or technical management.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).