£400.00 - £450.00 per day
10 months ago
We are looking for a System Engineer (Cyber Security) within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting to the SDA (Senior Design Authority) the system engineer will collaborate with a team of Software, Hardware, Mechanical and FPGA engineers to deliver High Grade Crypto and Key Management solutions and will provide _system level_ thinking and solutions to the team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* You will have responsibility for the certification and authorisation of aspects of requirements devolvement, design, design proving, manufacture, integration and testing.
* You will have the responsibility for preparation, updating and custody of the system/architectural specifications, drawings and other data associated with the design.
* You will assist with design compliance with applicable product liability issues in liaison with designated company authorities.
* You will have responsibilities for ensuring effective engineering processes are utilised in the execution of the project.
* You will use appropriate tools and techniques to design and develop equipment to the Airbus Defence and Space standards and specification requirements.
* You will be involved in the development of the engineering department functions and procedures.
Skills & Experience
* You will possess a fundamental understanding of the Systems Engineering process, coupled with experience of applying your skills within a complex technical environment.
* You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and application of contemporary Systems Engineering practices and methods and have the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets.
* Being able to apply Systems Thinking to problems at a technical, project or enterprise level is highly desirable.
* INCOSE - ASEP/CSEP/ESEP Certification would be desirable
* Ideally suited to a Software Engineering background preferably within C# or C+ expertise.
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role