5 months ago
As a Systems Engineer (Communications) you will have a key role in the Systems Engineering team responsible for the design, development and integration of secure communications and network technologies into Weapon Systems.
o Carry out a range of system engineering activities
o System requirements development and analysis
o System architecture definition and assessment
o Technical analyses and investigations
o Evaluation and selection of technical options
o Development of technical specifications and interface control documentation
o Technical reporting
* Architecture driven design using SysML / UML within Rhapsody, to define suitable candidate system architectures for assessment.
* Definition of data flows and information exchange requirements
* Develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards.
* Carry out technical investigations and analysis and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Define test plans, schedules and reports
* Plan, control and deliver projects or work packages, ensuring requirements are delivered to plan.
* Carry out planning, risk management and quality activities in line with requirements and processes.
* Support customer in delivering solutions to meet the customer's requirements and programme.
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
* Manage and report against the team's work programmes, including analysis of risk to ensure the team delivers it's accountabilities.
* Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
* Significant, relevant experience
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Practical knowledge of SysML, UML, Rhapsody, DOORS for system architecture definition
* Sound understanding of the system design process
* Good verbal and written communications
* Experience in the use of Enterprise Architectures
* Team Player with positive collaborative behaviours
* Excellent 'can do' attitude and pro-active behaviours