£40 - £45.43 per hour
about 1 month ago
Systems Engineer - Airborne Sensor Systems Architecture & Design
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Up to £45.43 per hour LTD
Following the announcement of a new fighter jet, our client is seeking a Systems Engineer with a proven ability in Sensors (EO/IR, Radar and EW) design, development and operational use. Knowledge of MBSE (Model-Based Systems Engineering) techniques would be useful but not essential.
What will you do?
- You will influence the next generation of sensor systems for a next generation combat aircraft
- You will be involved in the very early stages of an innovative mission system design for a future airborne platform
- You will use MBSE techniques to:
- Produce requirements analysis and carry out design validation
- Express the analysis of requirements and context documents
- Develop a component model (system architecture definition)
- Develop component interface definitions and high-level software requirements.
- You will support customer reviews, configuration procedures and implementation of standards
What skills and knowledge do you require?
- Sensor (EO/IR, Radar and EW) technology, performance operational capabilities and use
- Systems engineering lifecycle, with particular focus at early stages
- Working as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- Customer and industrial partner interaction
- MBSE tools (e.g. PTC Integrity Modeler) and languages (e.g. UML / SysML)
How will you be supported?
You will be trained in project-specific MBSE tools and techniques, and utilise these skills through involvement in system architecture design, modelling, and analysis. You will join an established team that will provide on-the-job support and guidance.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).