£45.00 - £48 per hour
3 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
In this role, you will be part of a major Air Traffic Management (ATM) delivery programme to the UK MOD.
The scope of delivery covers the provision of integrated surveillance assets including static, deployed and other radar systems, communications equipment, network capability and centralised ATM capability.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer with a slight hardware slant who has some knowledge of hardware design to work on integrating the containers holding generators / air conditioning systems etc into an Air Traffic Management system.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Perform sub-system requirements traceability from the stated customer needs via the contractual requirements documents needs to overall integrated solution. This includes the integration and performance assessments in the context of the overall system
- Co-ordinate with other technical inputs to ensure system solution compliance
- Support the integration, validation, verification of the successful sub-system implementation
- Actively manage technical risks of the appropriate sub-systems
- Agrees technical specifications for sub-system procurements and actively reviews solutions
- Propose and agree modification of technical supply if required to meet commitments
- Technically monitor sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements and technical compliance
- Report the technical progress to the SEM and or TDA as directed
- Set requirements for Project / Engineering management and planning activities
- Ensure a relevant aspects of the Engineering Management Plan is completed and reviewed on a regular basis for the sub-systems and integration and testing of those sub-systems
- Participate in the sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required
- Manage relevant technical stakeholders as directed; ensuring strong communications and understanding is established and maintained with all stakeholders
- Support SAT, Flight check (where required) and delivery of Product Assessment Document (Performance). Support other MAPS and Supplier IVV activities as required.
- Ensure that solution meets all appropriate Environmental, HSE and certification requirements (with specialist support)
The typical installations technical areas may include:
- Navigational Aids
- Network design
- ATC systems
- Radio and voice Communications Control systems
- Power distribution systems
- Knowledge of a range of surveillance solutions covering systems engineering [performance architecture and implementation], sensors, display, monitoring, networking and communications aspects including centralised operation
- Performance modelling of surveillance sensors, navaids and comms sub-systems and the fully integrated system
- Use of DOORS for Requirements, Requirements Management and Compliance
- Knowledge of ATC standards
- Experience of system trade-off's methods (optimisation)