Up to £41.00 per hour
10 months ago
Systems Engineer x3
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £41 per hour LTD
We currently seek a systems engineer to work as part of an integrated product development team to participate in the design, development and testing of computer based systems. You will operate across the full expanse of the Engineering Lifecycle from requirements generation through to test and customer acceptance. The role is likely to require exposure to both internal and external customers, you will need to draw upon the specialist engineering knowledge within the team in order to produce a coherent system design.
The ideal candidate will need to support interpretation of challenging customer requirements within tight timescales. All candidates should have sound IT skills and knowledge of home PC and/or industrial computing systems (hardware, operating systems and programming languages). Previous design or test of aircraft avionics would also be beneficial.
To deliver computing systems to the customer's programme, within allocated budgets, according to the standards in the TS Quality Management System, including the following:
- Management and interpretation of customer requirements to aid with the production of the initial system design and specification.
- Liaison with the team's specialist hardware, software and computing engineers to assist them in the correct production of sub-system specifications.
- Integration of the sub-system components in accordance with the system design.
- Production of system integration test procedures to fully test the system whilst showing compliance with the original design requirements.
- Adherence to relevant Air and departmental design standards and processes.
- Supporting internal and customer design reviews including formal Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) Design Reviews.
- Supporting system commissioning at customer premises.
- Complete computing system configuration activities including documentation and release
- Knowledge of the full systems engineering lifecycle
- Knowledge of PC Hardware/Components and their various operating systems.
- Awareness of programming languages (primarily Ada and Python, bot others would also be beneficial).
- Knowledge of setting up and configuring computing systems would be beneficial.
Additional information: Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.