£40 - £47 per hour
4 months ago
Systems Engineer X5
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: up to £47 per hour LTD
Reporting direct to the IPTs, assisting with multiple engineering qualification activities for a Tanker programme ensuring that these are assigned, lead and appropriately coordinated including meeting all technical governance and customer requirements.
Assist with projects, coordinate, and work effectively with team members from various functions across multiple customers (internal and external) for production and fielded programs including;
- Supporting initial capability assessments, interpretation, and understanding of customer requirements.
- Work with other functions to determine complete lifecycle requirements and ensure those functions are engaged and involved in the technical solution estimates and solution implementation.
- Develop test and acceptance criteria for requirements.
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop mitigation plans.
- Review and negotiate engineering estimates with the internal IPTs and internal customers.
- Assist with the leading of the project(s) and be responsible for technical execution in accordance with SoWs and effectively manage change throughout the project.
- Ensure engineering resource requirements and staffing is identified and coordinated throughout the detail / assembly testing life cycle.
- Develop trusting relationships with FAA Unit Members (UM)
- Demonstrates the ability to plan work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate project status.
This candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools and IT applications. Sub system and product knowledge is desired. The role will have significant Customer and wider client interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. Some UK travel is expected.
An appreciation of Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) techniques, FAA conformity, and qualification is required.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.