Rugeley, Staffordshire, W. Midlands, England
6 days ago
Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire
Duration: 6 Months
Our Client specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of power electronic/electrical products and sub systems. We now seek a Systems Engineer to undertake contract work on a new project that will involve delivering robust and cost-effective power systems solutions.
- Requirements management using an internal tool
- Definition and generation of test plans, test specifications, execution of testing, resolution of issues, etc.
- Sub-system testing or full system integration in a factory environment.
- Generation of V&V methods and statements against formal requirements.
- Understanding and application of product change management principals and processes. Including application of specific local processes and practices to enable product configuration control to be managed.
- Planning and execution of development and environmental test programmes. Generation of test plans/ specifications.
- Knowledge of system engineering principles; design lifecycle, requirements management, system partitioning, verification and validation, etc.
- Use of tools and techniques for the management of requirements (traceability into design, control of change etc.). Writing and analysing of requirements at system and derived levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements to test a system and to develop the test strategy and plans in accordance with current Standards and Specifications.
- An understanding of processes and techniques applicable to high integrity design.
- A proven track record of systems engineering techniques.
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process.
- DFMEA of equipment at a system or basic functional level to support design, safety, reliability and maintenance assessments.
- Calculation of reliability and availability (e.g. MTBF) using industry standard practices for complex electro-mechanical products and systems.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, applicants must either hold or be eligible for UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.