Rugeley, Staffordshire, W. Midlands, England
Up to £0.00 per hour + negotiable
7 days ago
Contract 6 Months
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Our client specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of power electronic/electrical products and sub systems. The business is entering into an exciting phase with record order intake, new innovation, product development and they are now looking to recruit a Systems Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will join their dedicated project team that is challenged with the task of delivering robust and cost-effective power systems solutions for the defence power section of the engineering department. The successful applicant will join the project at the inception phase and will be afforded the opportunity to shape the product solution. The role is likely to involve considerable customer contact.
- Knowledge of system engineering principles design lifecycle, requirements management, system partitioning, verification and validation, etc.
- Hazard analysis using industry standard techniques at system/equipment level.
- Ability to use Excel tool to conduct required activities to undertake the job.
- DFMEA of equipment at a system or basic functional level to support design, safety, reliability and maintenance assessments.
- Interpretation of mechanical & electrical drawings, symbol recognition, wire size, signal vs power connection. Single line diagrams. Applicable to non-electrical Engineers.
- Generation of test plans, test specifications, execution of testing, resolution of issues, etc.
- Sub-system testing or full system integration in a factory environment. Generation of test plans, test specifications, execution of testing, resolution of issues, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements to test a system and to develop the test strategy and plans in accordance with current Standards and Specifications.
- Understanding fundamental electrical theory (V, A, R, W).
- Use of tools and techniques for the management of requirements (trace ability into design, control of change etc.). Writing and analysing of requirements at system and derived levels.
- Planning and execution of development and environmental test programmes. Generation of test plans/specifications.
- Calculation of reliability and availability (e.g. MTBF) using industry standard practices for complex electro-mechanical products and systems.
- Understanding and application of product change management principals and processes. Including application of specific local processes and practices to enable product configuration control to be managed.
- Generation of V&V methods and statements against formal requirements.
- An understanding of processes and techniques applicable to high integrity design.
- A proven track record of systems engineering techniques.
- Broad knowledge of other areas of engineering (e.g. systems, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)