Up to £400.00 per day + Ltd
about 1 month ago
Systems Engineer x2
Reading - 12 month contract - Pay rate £400 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit two Systems Engineering contractors to work for our client on a high profile Air Traffic Management project for the MOD. This will be based from Reading, with some travel required, and although initial duration is 12 months there is potentially scope to extend. This role involves integrating & testing COTS radar/surveillance equipment across diverse sites with complex logistical requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide technical support on the design of over 20 PSR and SSR radar systems
- Help ensure a smooth transition of old radars to new radars
- Understand the technical specifications for appropriate Surveillance sub-system procurements and actively review and manage the technical solutions
- Propose modification of technical supply if required to meet commitments
- Monitor Surveillance sub-contractors, ensuring flow through of customer technical requirements.
- Prepare and ensure transition phases between legacy / existing systems and new assets integration, identifying phases and relating de-risking activities
- Participate in the Surveillance sub-system supplier's technical reviews as required
- Liaise with relevant technical stakeholders; ensuring strong communications and understanding is established and maintained with all stakeholders
- Support Surveillance MAPS and Supplier IVV activities as required
- Ensure that solution meets all appropriate Environmental, HSE and certification requirements (with specialist support)
- Co-ordinate with other technical inputs to ensure system solution compliance
- Support the integration, validation, verification of Surveillance sub-systems implementation
- Acceptance protocols and procedures.
- Testing ATM systems or other safety related systems.
- System Requirements Management.
- Experience of integration testing and multi-systems testing.
- Good understanding of the principles of systems integration and demonstrated skill in judging the appropriate level of testing.
- Good understanding of the production of design and delivery documentation to a high standard within agreed project timescales.
- Highly motivated and able to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of technical working with multiple stakeholders
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focused approach whilst recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise whilst retaining the technical integrity of the solution
- Strong technical understanding of the customer requirements, the offer and the system solution
- Good understanding of Primary Radars - especially STAR and Watchman radars
- Mode S, Primary and Secondary radar systems, Radar flight test profiles.
- Knowledge of the use of UK and international ATC standards for military and civil applications.
- Knowledge of the performance of ATM Surveillance sub-systems and ATM integrated systems.
- Experience of working on MoD programmes.
- Security Testing.
- Background of Systems Management within real time safety critical systems.
- Good knowledge of one or more the following threads, e.g. Radar Data Processing, Flight Data Processing, Air Navigation systems, Electronic Surveillance, or Voice Communications.
- Knowledge of a range of radar surveillance solutions (covering systems engineering [performance architecture and implementation], sensors, display, monitoring, networking and communications aspects including centralised operation).
- Ability to work unsupervised, managing the implementation of the test programme for the project.
- IBM Rational DOORS experience.
- Risk Based Assurance.
- Knowledge of Network Engineering.
- Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved, all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.