Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £0.00 per annum
13 days ago
A Systems Engineer with experience of designing network architectures (strong multimedia over IP communications) is required to join our System Engineering department. Knowledge of software network stacks as well as the traditional network infrastructure perimeter (switches, routers, firewalls, cryptos, modems etc.) is preferable. An understanding of network security accreditation is also required.
Reporting to a Systems Project Leader and responsible to the Communications Domain Expert, the successful applicant will be working in both rotary wing and fixed wing environments, specifying and designing IP based intra platform communication subsystems and integrating these subsystems into a variety of avionics and radio systems
- Preparation of Requirement Specifications for Communication Subsystems
- Communications Subsystem Architecture and Top Level Design
- Preparation of ICDs for Communication Subsystems
- Preparation of Technical Statements of Work for equipment suppliers
- Preparation of Integration Plans for Communications Subsystems
- Preparation of Plans and Specifications for Subsystem testing (ground and flight)
- Analysis of trials results and provision of airworthiness data
- Management of equipment supply subcontractors associated with a program
- Liaison and ability to communicate effectively at meetings with customers
- Detailed knowledge of multimedia over IP Communication Systems
- Multi-vendor virtual & physical network design and implementation at layer 2 and layer 3 including multicast, firewalls, QoS, VPNs and cryptography devices
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP stack including tuning for performance and reliability
- An understanding of Ethernet Protocols (10Base2 to 10 Gigabit)
- Network vulnerability testing
- Knowledge of intra platform communication sub systems
- Knowledge of how Avionic systems interrelate and interconnect
- Previous experience of working with airworthiness organisations (DERA/CAA/FAA)
- Knowledge of aircraft environmental requirements
- Knowledge of operator aspects of avionic systems
- Experience of interfacing with third party organisations
- Understanding of certification requirements (EMC and Environmental)
- Familiarity with Defense Standard, MIL-STDs and civil standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self motivating individual able to work alone or as part of a team
- PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Visio
- Requirements capture and management in DOORS
- 2 to 5 years experience in a multimedia over IP avionics design environment.
- Background in Electronics / Avionics development.
- Educated to either Degree or HNC/HND level.
- Interest in system design.