£45.00 - £50.00 per hour
17 days ago
We are looking to recruit 5 System Engineers responsible for progressing aircraft mission system projects through the design lifecycle. This position requires sound knowledge and experience of aircraft avionics, mission systems, communications, radar and avionics design on modern aircraft, with a focus on military variants and must have significant experience of working with industry on avionic and electrical system evolution. The successful applicant will participate in all aspects of the engineering design lifecycle, communicating across all business areas to plan resolution activities and will report to the Lead Project Engineer within the Design & Technical Engineering Service of the project.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Progressing the design changes though the development lifecycle.
- Producing design artefacts in progression of the design.
- Working closely with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Reviewing and analysing data provided by the OEMs.
- Developing modification proposals with OEMs for Aircraft Avionic and Mission system modifications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Developing design solutions that meet customer requirements in accordance with Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Articles.
- Proven knowledge with the design and support of avionic and mission systems.
- Knowledge of with working within an aircraft design environment and progressing changes through the design life cycle.
- Understanding of RAF Aircraft Air and Support Documents.
- Understanding of military aircraft design regulations including MAA RA's.
- Strong focus on process with the ability to develop new and improve existing procedures within the existing airworthiness framework.
- Knowledge and experience of the Bombardier Global Express Aircraft.
- Completion of Bombardier Global Express Avionic course.
- Knowledge of Bombardier Global Express and Sentinel RMk1 Aircraft avionic and Mission systems.
- Practical aircraft integration experience including knowledge of factors affecting installed performance of electrical systems such as loss budget, EMI/EMC, connector and termination selection, software integration etc.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)