Up to £44.50 per hour
29 days ago
Job Title - Network & Systems Engineer
Location - Christchurch, Dorset
Rate - £44.50 per hour (37 hour week)
Duration - 12 Months
Our Christchurch based client is currently searching for a Systems & Network Engineer to add to their responsible and reliable team who are committed to working to high ethical, safety and environmental standards, retaining and attracting a diverse and talented workforce.
Your role will be to provide assured & articulate design of system functionality across the network & systems architecture and verify that the whole systems performance meets the necessary requirements.
You would also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding system & network configurations and installations to support the various aspects of overall System integration.
Network development including: design, analysis, of the network infrastructure or application components.
* Network Engineering experience with relevant, up to date training/experience in Cisco and/or Juniper, ideally holding or having held recent CCNP, CCDA/P or equivalent
* Experience in network systems/infrastructure design (Enterprise Architect, Visio, Excel, Word, Documentation)
* Experience reviewing, revising and agreeing complex network and system designs
* Experiences to include Network Management and Monitoring Systems
* Experience in Network security (firewalls and IDS) design and implementation. Knowledge of NGFW, Cisco ASA firewalls and VPN technologies
* Experience in WAN design and configuration
* Good understanding of VMware
* A working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
* Experience with requirements analysis
* Experience Liaising with Project Managers, Support Engineers, and Management on a regular basis
Experience with some or all of the following would also be desirable:
* Worked in a secure environment with understanding of MOD working practices
* Knowledge of scripting (Powershell)
* Up to date knowledge of Windows Server Administration (2012, 2016)
* Network Management & Monitoring Systems WUG, Solarwinds.
* Experience of Security Operation Centre using Splunk or other protective monitoring tools
* Experience of technical leadership & direction
* Experience of CM & CCM principles and toolsets
* Experience of DOORS or other Requirements management tools
The successful candidate will be put through full UK Security Clearance
Interested? - Hit Apply