Belfast, County Antrim
£40.00 - £46.75 per hour + Ltd negotiable
9 months ago
Belfast - 6 months contract - Up to £46.75 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer to work with our client, a market leading defence company based in Belfast. You will be working across the full systems lifecycle on lightweight missiles and the integration of weapon systems into tactical platforms. Working within the Systems Engineering group on the design and development of innovative technical solutions that meet customer requirements and business needs. The role covers all aspects of the product lifecycle, from requirements capture and analysis through system specification, concept studies, modelling and simulation, design and development, system integration, validation and qualification.
The individual will report to a Systems Engineering Team Leader and will be allocated to work within a Project Delivery Team alongside other Systems, Software and Hardware engineers. The role will involve working on either fire control platform, trainer or air defence development programmes and require interaction with customers, end-users, industrial partners and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The role will require participation in one or more of the following System design activities:
- Requirements Capture, Development, and Management
- Support to development of architecture solution and subsequent decomposition to sub-system and component elements specification.
- Support to Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification (IVVQ) activities to ensure the delivered product meets customer requirements.
- Support to Operational Analysis - understanding how the User will be affected by system changes, and how this will influence the design.
- Systems and Sub-system requirements analysis and development
- System and sub-system IVVQCA
- Requirements development tools e.g. IBM Rational DOORS
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Working within the defence or aerospace sector.
- Proactive engagement with other members of the Project Delivery Team
- Establishes and cultivates positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Resourceful in performing activities to ensure adequate quality and timely delivery
- Proactive and Innovative
- Willing to travel occasionally on behalf of the company
- Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
- Membership of relevant professional body
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC Level).