£45.00 - £45.43 per hour
about 1 year ago
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - AIRBORNE MISSION EFFECTIVENESS & SURVIVABILITY ANALYSIS
6 month contract, based in Luton.
A Systems Engineer is required for a contract as part of 'Team Tempest' developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Creation of representative, dynamic platform, mission, sensor, communication, and threat system models.
- Conduct dynamic systems modelling and simulation of integrated mission / sensor / communications systems.
- Translate mission types (e.g. ABAD, SEAD, ISR, etc.) into executable mission scenarios.
- Liaise with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define and execute simulation environment.
- Perform analysis of integrated mission scenarios to assess mission effectiveness and survivability.
- Liaison with OA specialists from customer and industry partner organisations.
- Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- Strong background in modelling & simulation of platforms and emitters in a dynamic environment.
- Substantial ability in modelling RF, EO / IR sensor systems and environments.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
- High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Extensive ability in stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.