2 months ago
To provide technical expertise within the Land and Naval within the Precision Guidance business area. The successful candidate would ideally possess experience in all aspects of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and be able to co-ordinate existing knowledge and data on current programmes as well as providing technical support to develop concepts, architectures and define system designs - taking these forward to implementation, integration, test and evaluation and ultimately production.
The successful candidate would be working on projects associated with both internally funded products as well as products directly deliverable to key customers within short timescales. The successful candidate would be joining a dedicated team with a full and stretching workload.
Skills, qualifications & knowledge:
Familiarity with any or all of the following would be beneficial:
- Putting together technical proposals for low TRL / early lifecycle developments
- Specifying development requirements for hardware / software / firmware
- Support to hardware integration
- Formal design verification (Qualification) - planning, specifying tests, conduct, reporting and arising compliance statements
- Advanced electro-optics
- Working knowledge of radar sensing, ideally active electronically scanned arrays
- Matlab / Simulink toolset
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Office toolset
Key responsibility areas:
- All Systems Engineering aspects of new and existing programmes, working at all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Supporting the development of current and future Systems architectures/designs and their implementation.
- Robust capture of design artefacts as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle appropriate for managing existing systems and for taking concepts through to production.
Intrinsic job factors:
Occasional driving/travel may be required within the UK, Europe or even worldwide. This role would generally be office/lab based with use of DSE equipment.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.