2 months ago
Location: Greenford, UK | Duration: 6 Months | Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists within a large defence electronics enterprise for a Systems Engineer to conduct Systems Engineering activities either alone or as part of a larger team, adhering to the client's Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the project Systems Requirements Specifications.
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software; each system requirement (incl. the Acceptance Management Plan);
- Developing and documenting the System Architecture;
- Developing and documenting System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications;
- Ensuring that the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable.
Leads Testing Functions:
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing;
- Conducting integration testing;
- Conducting system testing (informal and formal).
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team;
- Configuration and Data Management;
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
- Use of development, target and test equipment as well as laboratories to perform engineering activities relating to the allocated functional discipline.
- Essential Software Tools: MS Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Desirable Software Tools: DOORS, Bugzilla/Jira, Windchill & IFS.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked in the defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).