Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£40 - £45 per hour + LTD hourly rate
4 months ago
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Working in a team environment in an Optronics Engineering team, the role requires the engineer to define and implement System Engineering tasks.
Developing the ground based element for a sophisticated Imagery Exploitation and Management System to a number of customers to work in conjunction with data captured from aircraft sensor systems for analysis and presentation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The job holder will work as part of a team in a project environment, operating as the System Engineer on development programmes.
The job holder will be responsible for planning their work, managing, writing and verifying technical requirements, producing technical reports and specifications, performing systems analyses, meeting milestones and working as part of a team to deliver successful programmes.
The applicant will be working in conjunction with the System Engineering Manager in a multi-discipline teams. Tasks to include:
- Capture functional requirements of a software application
- Write functional Test procedures and execution & review of results
- Be familiar with of Windows Server environment and PC/LAN Networking
- Be familiar with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and associated software
- Be familiar with DOORS requirement management software
- Additionally the candidate would be expected to do generic systems tasks such as metrics tracking and organisation of Design Reviews
SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Systems Engineering ability
- Requirements engineering using a tool such as IBM DOORS (Vs 9.6 or later)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Knowledge working in a military and/or civil aviation environment
- An understanding of the fundamentals of Systems Engineering methodologies around Design, Development, Verification, Validation, Qualification and Acceptance
- Able to represent and interpret system architectures in diagrammatic form (e.g. Flow charts, functional diagrams, state diagrams, etc.)
- Ability with Electro-Optics / Infra-Red imagery processing and integration with mapping systems - desirable.
- Ability with synthetic aperture RADAR - desirable
- Knowledge of working in an Agile development - desirable
Features of the job
Primarily, the role will be based at Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk but there may be a requirement to visit and work on installations based in other countries.