Cowes, Isle of Wight
Up to £49.46 per hour + Negotiable based on experience
8 months ago
Systems Engineer (x3)
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight (alternatively Chelmsford or Portsmouth)
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £49.46 per hour LTD, negotiable based on experience
We are looking to recruit a number of Systems Engineers to work for our defence client to undertake design and design maintenance tasks for all systems aspects of both new and legacy Radar group products.
- Design aspects of radar systems, to include overall radar performance prediction, design of pulse patterns, selection of various signal processing techniques, modelling and design of MTI/MTD filter banks, estimate of radar loss budget.
- Model and run simulations of radar performance in a variety of clutter and environmental conditions to provide coverage diagrams, Pd/Range and plot and track accuracy data.
- Be able to trade off principal radar parameters in order to understand design constraints and limitations.
- Understand and decompose User Requirements to sub-system levels of requirements.
- Articulate acceptance strategies in order to sell off requirements at all Systems levels.
- Assess system performance against requirements.
- Direct the development of high level algorithmic activity.
- Specify and manage interfaces with external systems and subsystems.
- Liaise with a number of internal and external organisations where required.
- Design, develop and demonstrate system integrations.
- Algorithm development knowledge
- Proven Radar knowledge
- Strong ability with software engineering
- Knowledge of advanced radar signal processing techniques and BMD, NCTR and classification techniques
- Knowledge of the hardware and/or systems design of active phased array radars
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all candidate must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. Candidates will be able to start on a baseline check with SC application (which can be sponsored by the client) pending.