4 months ago
Main Job Function: Design, develop, document, implement and test systems for company applications of CBTC (Communications-Based Train Control) and traditional Signaling solutions for company projects. This position will provide leadership to the TTSI technical teams and be the technical requirements owner of the system or subsystem for the development and deployment portions of the project lifecycle.
Applications will have safety related components, so following company's formal development process is required.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and owns the system level requirements set for the assigned work package, and identifies and controls interfaces between Hardware, Software or Mechanical subsystems
- Reviews the work products of hardware, software, mechanical, etc. work package teams for compliance of their designs against the system requirements. Maintains traceability between system level requirements and subsystem designs
- In conjunction with other engineering disciplines, reviews and approves installation, test and commissioning plans to verify that the Test and Commissioning team follow the Concept of Operation and Concept of Deployment to install, test and commission the system or subsystem in the field environment.
- In conjunction with the Test and Commissioning team, maintains the Validation Trace Matrix to ensure that the Test and Commissioning program has complete requirements coverage
- Plans and reports activities to the Project Engineer or Program Manager as outlined by the Program Management Plan and the Systems Engineering Management Plan for the application or project
- Maintains the configuration of plans, requirements and interfaces for the field environment, according to the Configuration Management Plan for the application
- Provides assistance to the Test and Commissioning teams to troubleshoot system issues that occur during the Deployment phase. Works at the field site as a member of the team as necessary
- Interfaces with the customer as required to present and / or address system related issues
Job Requirements and Essential Skills:
- Demonstrated ability providing detailed plans, and to meet schedule and budget commitments on projects
- Demonstrated ability to partition and model a system to derive technical requirements and interfaces and produce a system architecture of complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage technical risk areas in the development of complex systems
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both verbal and written, and good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, etc. is essential.
- Demonstrated fluency and understanding/comprehension in oral and written English.
- Critical thinking, able to identify and implement better efficiencies and process improvements
- Travel within North America for customer meetings, or field testing/troubleshooting required (10%-20% depending on project phase)
- Position is mostly in an office environment
- Occasional work outside
- Occasional work in confined spaces
- Occasional work on nights and weekends
Education and Experience:
- S. Systems, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical B.S. degree and work experience
- 10-15 years of experience as an engineer in an industrial environment
- 5-8 years of Experience in designing and executing the installation, test and commissioning phases of industrial systems (Utility plants, trains, airplanes, etc.)
- Experience in radio-based communication systems applied to transportation (Train Control, Air Traffic Control, etc.) strongly preferred. Ideally experience with company CBTC a strong asset
INCOSE CSEP Certification strongly preferred