Rate: £69.16 p/h Umbrella or £51.26 p/h PAYE
Duration: 12 Months
This role is for a Systems Engineer contractor to work within the Engineering Function on the E-7 Programme Ground Support Segment service line, initially for a period of 12 months. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team with a primary responsibility for delivery of Systems Engineering deliverables to support the E-7 capability entry into service.
This role will require you to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in both Engineering and other disciplines and with our colleagues across the world to develop and deliver a high-quality technical solution to cost and schedule targets. You will need to provide systems engineering expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle and work with many stakeholders as part of an integrated team.
The role typically encompasses:
• Development and improvement of requirement specifications with cross-functional teams.
• Development of solutions using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Trade Studies.
• Supporting the development of a plan and associated artefacts to perform Integration, Test, Evaluation and
• Acceptance (ITEA) activities.
• Managing technical baselines (e.g., requirements, performance measures, solution) including configuration and change control, working with parties from across the global Boeing Enterprise.
• Development of systems engineering artefacts (e.g., management plans, schedules, reports)
• Leading or supporting technical management and governance tasks (metrics, reporting, team tasking, risk/issue/opportunity management)
• Collaboration with and reporting to Customer representatives and
• The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices, and quality processes and contributing to
• Continuous Improvement.
• Applied experience across some or all elements of the Systems Engineering: requirements management interface management system architectures MBSE integration of specialties Verification and Validation technical, governance and change management.
• Experience in the usage of DOORS and MBSE tools such as CAMEO or Enterprise Architect.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed and diverse teams.
• Good IT skills.
• Excellent Customer Facing Skills.
• Knowledge of some of the following areas:
• Air Platforms
• Mission Systems
• Communications Systems and Networks
• Training Systems and Training Related Technology.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum). The Successful candidate can start on a BPSS clearance with SC in progress.
- Sector: Aerospace and Defence, Aerospace Software and Systems
- Contact: Daniel Farrow
- Contact Email: Daniel.Farrow@morson.com
- Contact Phone: 0161 707 1516
- Expiry Date: 02 September 2022
- Job Ref: 208346DFA