Systems Engineer - Deep Strike Mission Planning
Location: Bristol (Split of onsite and WFH)
Rate: £38.30 Per Hour PAYE / Up To £50 Per Hour Pay Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Duration: 6 Months Contract
An opportunity has arisen to join a small, driven and dynamic team within the Mission Planning & Control department, who are focused on delivering a Mission Planning product for the UK domestic customer. You will be working on a key Mission Planning product within the Storm Shadow weapon system. The project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence as well as functional enhancements.
You will have the opportunity to…
- Work within a cross-functional team spanning Systems, Software, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Simulation & Modelling and more.
- Conduct systems engineering activities within a contract with heavy end user involvement.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the Customer/End User.
- You will provide key inputs to requirements capture, design freezes
- Undertake system integration work and informal and formal testing.
- Produce verification/validation evidence and support the certification process, as well as system acceptance.
- Strong understanding of System Engineering Processes are essential and across the full project lifecycle.
- Knowledge of tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential (use of RTC is highly beneficial)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment both physically and virtually is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including an ability to author or contribute to technical reports and documentation are essential.
- Knowledge of technical problem solving.
- General understanding of mission planning would be of benefit.
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude and pro-active behaviours are essential.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
Due to the nature of projects the successful candidate will be required to undertake a baseline personnel security standard clearance before starting.