Up to £43.00 per annum
13 days ago
Contribute to the engineering design of the Global Combat Ship Underwater Sensor Systems.
Contribute to the integration of the Underwater Sensor Systems within wider Combat System.
Winchwell design and layout.
Technical Equipment Specification updates.
Monthly contribution to C/S CAM review.
Enterprise Level Agreement updates.
Problem Reports, Impact Assessments and Change Requests.
Tasks and Activities:
- Integration of Underwater Sensor Systems, liaising with other Combat System leads and Approval Authority to ensure coherency across the Combat System and incorporation of customer requirements.
- Develop and capture the physical and transverse suite of information for the Underwater Sensor Systems in the appropriate toolsets.
- Engage with the Shared Infrastructure team and other stakeholders to ensure physical and functional interfaces are captured fully and agreed.
- Liaise with interested parties (including Transverse Engineering team, SWSE, Naval Architects, Ship service providers, Operabilities team etc) in the design and layout of Underwater Sensor Systems compartments.
- Provide technical input into procurement, design reviews, installation, test, trials, acceptance and engineering change activities.
- Contribute to maturation of the design by driving the parts maturity to meet key zone review dates.
- Lead the re-design of the winchwell to accommodate the Hydraulic Power Packs, including seats, mounting arrangement and damping mass design.
- Liaise with Auxiliaries team to ensure the Bow Dome Header tank and educator connections meet UWS team requirements.
- Review parts lists to ensure that all UWS parts exist within PLM including Sole plate blanking plate, BS Array top support, eye bolts within Quarterdeck winchwell and Aft SIS, TBHS push off plates, Bow Dome Tapping bars etc.
- Support installation strategy and trials planning activities for UWS.
Experience of Underwater Sensor Systems equipment in a Naval environment.
Good knowledge of Combat System interface requirements.
Knowledge of appropriate engineering development methodologies, strategies and toolsets used on GCS.
Experience of integration, installation, test, trial and acceptance of equipment in a Naval environment.
Experience of Information Networks and Shared Infrastructure technologies.
Knowledge of software development and testing.
Good understanding of the equipments and engineering processes used within Naval Ships & Combat Systems.
Prior use of the Sharepoint and Windchill document management system is desirable.
Understanding of the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques so used.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.