about 1 month ago
Duration: 5 months
Rate: Limited company hourly rate on offer (outside IR35)
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and conducting systems engineering activities throughout the complete product lifecycle.
- Responsible for delivering key system engineering processes across the product lifecycle.
- Delivering into the project teams including the System Design Authority, Engineering Manager and Team Engineers.
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Good sound knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles and their application to multi-disciplinary (mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principles) engineering projects.
- Sound understanding of requirements management and decomposition.
- Familiarity with Defence Standards (particularly DEF-STAN and MIL-STD).
- Knowledge and proven ability of INCOSE Systems Engineering practice and principles.
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems.
- Ideally (but not essential) knowledgeable in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software.
- Unmanned Systems.
- Combat Management Systems.
- Acoustics / Sonar Processing.
- Proven ability in preparation of documentation for bids.
- Primary software/system skills:
- IBM DOORS requirements management (9.x / NG).
- UML / SysML.
- Desirable software/system skills:
- Enterprise Architect (EA).
- IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM).
- IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE).
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).