Our client brings a future in Battle Space management, software intensive Mission Planning and Air Base Command and Control systems. Due to expansion we are recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer who can undertake the full design life cycle, both front-end System Requirements & Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. With opportunity to work across multiple projects at varies stages of the lifecycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Speciality Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with particular emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is "engineered in"
- Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution
- Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans
- Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
- Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
- Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
- To have a good working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
- To have a good working knowledge of various Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- To have a good working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 4 years previous experience working within a Systems Engineering environment.
- Experience gained in either a solution design or IVV role, with demonstrable, practical experience of these - preferably on a complex software-centric projects