Up to £0.00 per annum
0207 633 2040
about 2 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
As part of a virtual team (s), be responsible for the Systems Engineering activities for bids, services and projects to contract requirements, standards, budget, and on-time delivery.
As part of the Thales Systems Engineering process you will interact with the following key roles:
* Designers at all levels
* Bid team members
* Project team members
* Supply Chain members
* Commercial team members
* Testing team members
* Installation team members
* Project Planners
* Sales and Marketing
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The list below is not exhaustive nor will individuals be expected to be able to undertake all of them. They are given as a guide as to the expected duties of the grade and role.
* Conduct Systems Design activities:
- User Needs Analysis and contributing to the development of the concept solution
- Requirements capture, requirements analysis and requirements management
- Value Engineering and contributing to technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features
- Generate System Specifications using relevant modelling and design techniques
- Produce Interface designs and specifications
- Represent System Engineering at formal Design Reviews
- Undertake Cost Reviews as part of a Bid team.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver system designs in line with the technical roadmap or project schedule
* Conduct System Test activities:
- Write test specifications, working from system requirements.
- Execute test specifications (according to test plan and project schedule).
- Record results of test execution.
- Raise/investigate/verify defects.
- Contribute to the preparation of TRR/TQR Reviews
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks:
This role is continually monitored for performance and as such some of the following typical Key performance indicators (KPI's) will be used
* Quality of work produced against agreed standards
* Delivery to timescales
* Delivery to budget
* Performance against Thales key values
* Performance against mandatory training
Expected Competence Level:
Skills (underpinning Knowledge)
* Good understanding of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle and processes (DDQS)
* Ability to use System Engineering tools.
o Requirements Management (DOORS)
o Melody Advance or Enterprise Architect (SyML, UML)
* Ability to manage and maintain configuration control of Systems Artefacts
* Can produce metrics as part of Quality control.
* Ability to plan own work.
* An awareness of Engineering Safety and Security Management
? Conducting multi-disciplinary engineering activities ideally on a large scale project
? Working as part of a team and interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders.
Values & Behaviours:
? Innovate - Be motivated to search for novel and unique design solutions.
? Team working - Maximise the use of the wider Thales community to produce winning solutions.
? Develop people - Be prepared to share your ideas and experience with the wider Thales engineering community.
? Focus on customers - Be driven to deliver quality solutions to clients.
? Safety - Totally embrace the Thales safety culture to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all.
? Ethics - Thales employees must be exemplary in their ethical conduct and social responsibility.
? Job holders will be expected to perform in line with the Thales Code of Practice, Policies and Procedures.
Desirable Qualifications and Certification:
* HNC/HND/Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent.
* A current IRSE licence. or equivalent
* Have attained, or working towards an appropriate professional status or equivalent