Up to £44.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Could you develop systems to operate from the Stratosphere?
Could you create systems that can allow a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network?
Want to work on the next generation of Military IT systems?
Would you like to be part of a team, integrating leading edge technologies to provide our military services with an advantage?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to work in a team environment across the full engineering lifecycle, including:
* Requirements Specification and Management
* Enterprise Architecting and Systems Design
* Make/Buy, COTS selection, procurement and supplier liaison
* Integration and Test (functional and environmental)
* Software Design and Development
* Hardware Design
* Verification, Validation and Acceptance
* Service Operations and Support
As one of the more experienced members of the team, you will be expected to:
* provide thought leadership in the engineering approach
* offer innovative solutions to requirements and technical challenges
* lead activities and teams
* conduct coaching of less experienced engineers
* deliver procedural and technical guidance and rigour
* execute tasks proactively and independently
* facilitate decision making across the team
Your existing skills and qualifications as a Systems Engineer should ideally include a number of the following:
* Systems Integration for Unmanned Air Vehicles (UAVs)
* COTS integration within a secure environment
* Management/Control Systems
* Networks and Security
* Interoperability and System Interfaces
* Radio Frequency Engineering/Physics
* Thermodynamics, Analysis and Test
* Configuration Management
* Technical documentation
* Modelling and Simulation
* Physical and Electrical Safety, Security and Environmental compliance
* Python and/or Java
* 3D CAD Design
What were looking for in you:
* A can do attitude
* You take responsibility for personal and team delivery and deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
* Self-organisation and good time management
* You are innovative and able to drive improvement
* Enjoy working as part of a fast paced and dynamic team
* You embrace learning and have the potential to take on increased responsibilities and progress within the organisation
* Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.