5 months ago
Our client ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea. They have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
AEUK is seeking a contract Systems Engineer to support their Combat Systems team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and conducting systems engineering activities throughout the complete product lifecycle
- To provide Systems Engineer support to multiple projects within Combat Systems team
- Responsible for delivering key system engineering processes across the product lifecycle
- Working closely with the project teams including the System Design Authority, Engineering Manager and Team Engineers
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects
PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
- Good knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles and their application to multi-disciplinary (mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principles) engineering projects
- Knowledge and proven ability of INCOSE Systems Engineering practice and principles
- Familiarity with Defence Standards (particularly DEF-STAN and MIL-STD)
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of presentations
- Good written skills particularly technical report writing, ability to communicate with expert and non-expert stakeholders
- UML/ SysML
- IBM DOORS requirements management (9.x / NG)
DESIRABLE SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems.
- Maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software Unmanned Systems
- Combat Management Systems
- Acoustics/ Sonar Processing
- Enterprise Architect (EA)
- IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)
Due to the nature of the projects, candidates must be eligible to achieve full SC level Security Clearance.