Up to £45.43 per hour
3 months ago
Contract 6 Months
Pay Rate: £45.43 Ltd per hour
A Systems Engineer role is available to work within the Surveillance & Protection Technology (S&PT) business group, to develop RF detection and self-protection solutions, or Electronic Countermeasures' (ECM) for a variety of rotary and fixed-wing airborne platforms operating in increasingly complex and hostile environments.
You will be part of a team providing world-leading, responsive, and user-centric solutions including on-board and off-board RF countermeasures that work under the command of Defensive Aids System (DAS) controllers, which enable the seamless integration of otherwise independent sensing and countermeasure DAS systems. These systems provide unparalleled platform protection.
As a highly seasoned Systems Engineer you will have the ability to apply your knowledge and proven ability across the full engineering lifecycle, supporting the early definition and design activities through to integration, and qualification, before demonstrating and delivering completed solutions to our customers. You will work within a multi-disciplined project team, alongside domain and product subject-matter experts in a highly collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work alongside internal / external stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements with which to define and influence system requirements and designs, ensuring traceability for design compliance and acceptance.
- Define and develop system concepts and architectures for future solutions.
- Develop test strategies to demonstrate design and implementation compliance, ensuring end-to-end traceability to achieve certification.
- Lead system integration, verification, and validation activities to test and analyse performance and effectiveness within synthetic and live environments.
- Perform technical peer reviews and provide mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations to customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- A strong understanding of systems engineering principles and proven ability in whole lifecycle product development and delivery.
- A firm understanding of the key principles associated with RF signal propagation for passive sensors or active emitters.
- Ability to define and influence requirements definition and design decisions, both within the internal project team and customer environments.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- High proficiency in requirements management using DOORS.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation ability.
- In-depth knowledge of RF countermeasure systems, including techniques to evade and defeat detection and tracking systems at various levels of engagement.
- Proven ability of working with industry partners and platform integrators to support platform integration and installation.
- High proficiency in mathematical modelling using MATLAB and Simulink
- Proven ability of work package management; cost and schedule planning and tracking and reporting of key metrics.
- Proven ability of team leadership or technical management.
WE SEEK A SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)