We are recruiting for an experienced Systems Engineer who can undertake the full design life cycle, both front-end System Requirements & Design tasks, but who is equally capable of undertaking back-end Integration, Verification and Validation activities. With opportunity to work across multiple projects at varies stages of the lifecycle including new and existing projects this is truly a varied role.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
As part of a large Systems Engineering department the Systems Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of systems engineering across Air Operations, Systems and Services.
Task will include but not limited to:
- Requirements capture & management: Capture Customer & End user needs and distil into Functional and non-functional requirements. Manage the derivation & flow-down of lower-level (Subsystem / component) Requirements.
- System Architecture definition: from the agreed System requirements, assist in the definition of candidate System architectures. Undertake candidate trade-off studies / Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture
- System Design: create detailed system / subsystem designs, including buy / team / make decisions, specification of internal / external interface definitions & information flows.
- Ensure Specialty Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS) is fully integrated within the Systems Design lifecycle with particular emphasis on reducing whole-lifecycle costs and ensuring that a supportability solution is "engineered in"
- Integration strategy: Assist with deriving a risk-based integration strategy i.e. one where the highest technical risks are driven out via early integration within the overall system solution
- Write and agree the Integration strategy with key project stakeholders, tailoring the standard IV&V process to meet the needs of the project & Integration Plans
- Write / Review & Execute Integration test scripts
- Support the establishment of automated testing on allocated projects
- Propose improvements to IV&V tools and processes
- To have a good working knowledge of DOORS and how this tool is used to facilitate successful change management and acceptance.
- To have a good working knowledge of various Design tools (e.g. Rhapsody)
- To have a good working knowledge of test tools (esp. automated test tools) and test data generation techniques.
- To be competent in the use of Microsoft Office