Systems Engineer with Data Science
Location - FILTON
Duration - 10 MONTHS
PAY RATE - £35.16 PAYE ph(including holiday)
The role involves working within a research and technology project team looking at the application of data science techniques within the remit of landing gear systems.
We are a diverse, entrepreneurial and self-empowered team working in an exciting and dynamic environment delivering innovation to existing and future landing gear systems. The Landing Gear is a critical system highly integrated into the aircraft and encapsulates both primary structure and complex systems in a challenging operating environment. It offers a unique set of system, equipment and structure that consist of physical and functional design elements.
This position offers the opportunity to develop multidisciplinary skills by working on the following subjects:
- LG structure architecture
- LG equipment development
- LG system architecture and design
- Overall aircraft design
- Loads & Performance
- Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
- Extension & Retraction
- Braking, Steering & Control
- Modelling & Simulation
What you will be doing:
- Working within a team of systems engineers and data scientists, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of technical solutions utilising systems engineering and data science methodologies.
- Systems engineering refers to the architecting of high integrity systems or control system design.
- Data science refers to work such as the building of integrated data sets, analysing data sources (ML/AI), and building compelling interactive visualisations (typically using Python, R, Spark).
- Solutions will be developed against a set of project requirements and will be subject to technology readiness level (TRL) or development review criteria.
- Identification, scoping and delivery of projects that are linked to the Corporate Technology Office (CTO) Roadmaps, product development plans and contribute to the Landing Gear technology, product and business strategies.
- Delivering of Engineering tasks and projects to time, quality and cost.
- Liaise, co-ordinate and work with other Airbus Centres including other Airbus divisions (e.g. Helicopters, Space & Defence) to deliver the solutions.
- Integration of the solutions within the Landing Gear System as well as other systems and structure of the Aircraft.
- Liaise with the Landing Gear Systems, Equipment and Extended Enterprise Suppliers to deliver technical solutions.
- Identify and work with new collaborators including non-industrial partners e.g. Research institutes and academia to seek, scope and deliver solutions.
- Support co-ordination of Milestone and Technology Readiness Level Reviews including Process Assurance.
- Actively identify risk, opportunities and mitigations.
- Adherence to Airbus Processes & Procedures with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Knowledge in both systems engineering (architecture or control system design) and data science is preferred but candidates may alternatively have a strong knowledge in one area and a willingness to diversify.
- Involvement in aerospace systems and specifically landing gear systems is preferred but not essential.