Up to £44.50 per hour
8 months ago
Job Description - System Engineer
As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible to estimate and plan development activities, design technical solutions, procure and implement hardware/software, and test the resulting systems. You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving customer reported issues with in-service equipment.
We are looking for people who can be independent, accountable and are output driven. You will need to be flexible and mobile to meet changing business and customer demands, be willing to share best practice and engage in the future of our business. You will be open to new ideas, new approaches and willing to adapt in a fast-paced technology driven company.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
* Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
* Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the Lead Engineer
* Accurately report on progress
* Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
* Complete System Integration activities
* Support operational delivered systems
* The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
As part of the engineering team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications:
* A strong Systems Engineering, hardware and software background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
* An excellent understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle
* An excellent working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems).
Demonstrable knowledge in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
* Understanding of Design Certification and Product Safety Processes
You should be able to demonstrate:
* A can do attitude deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
* You enjoy team dynamics and encourage a positive team spirit
* Self-organisation and good with management of time and conflicting priorities
* You are innovative and able to drive improvement