Up to £44.56 per hour
16 days ago
System Architectures, Requirements, and Design (Principal Engineer) - 6 MONTHS CONTRACT - LUTON - £44,56 per h LTD
* You will be developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic sensor systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
* You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by Client's multi-million pound annual investment in research and development.
* You will be involved in UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
* You will be supporting the future needs of our customer and working closely with them will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their required future operational capability.
* Understand and interpret user requirements in order to influence and define the system requirements, architecture, and design, liaising with sensor and communication technical specialists.
* Utilise operational analysis modelling results to develop the architecture and requirements set.
* Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures of complex multi-sensor and controller systems.
* Assess system design compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters.
* Identify performance improvements and propose candidate solutions and implementation methods.
* Develop reports and presentations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
* Travel within the UK to meet with customers and industry partners.
* Highly skilled in developing complex architectures (ideally airborne sensor and/or communication systems).
* Good working knowledge of MBSE development tools and techniques (e.g. SysML).
* High proficiency in requirements management methods and tools (DOORS).
* Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
* Good knowledge across one or more aspects of EW / Defence equipment (e.g. DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms); technology, performance, operational capabilities and use.
* Familiarity with leading internal/external stakeholder interaction at varying levels of seniority.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).