Up to £45.43 per hour
6 months ago
Matlab / Simulink tool modeller required to assist in the development and delivery of Electronic Warfare (EW) capability for a military fast jet fighter aircraft development programme. Responsible for developing the requirements and design of Mission Data and Analysis Tools capability for this complex EW product. Providing the required capabilities to support integration, development, flight trial analysis and customer and in-service use combined with carrying out prototyping and demonstration of next generation mission data capabilities to enhance the capability of in service equipment.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the Mission Data and Analysis Tools requirements.
- Prototype and demonstrate new Mission Data and Analysis techniques using modelled and recorded data.
- Generate ad-hoc and as required analysis tools for development and trials.
- Work alongside internal / external stakeholders to understand user needs and requirements with which to define and influence system requirements and designs, ensuring suitable routes to compliance and acceptance.
- Develop engineering solutions utilising a hybrid Agile / Waterfall lifecycle methodology.
- Develop and deliver engineering specifications, reports and presentations for to customers and industry partners.
- Ability to Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- MATLAB and SIMULINK competency.
- Ability to gather data and undertake data analysis and interpretation.
- Understanding of key principles associated with RF signal propagation and processing, Surface to Air Missile Systems (SAMs) & Radar Threats.
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK MATLAB SIMULINK TOOL DEVELOPER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)